Mac and Cheese
Source: My own recipe!
Preheat oven to 230°C
No Image Available
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 cup peas
- Bring some salted water to a boil.
- Spread out your bacon on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle the rosemary and thyme over it. Throw it in the oven until you think it’s done. I go for 2-3 minutes.
- Throw the macaroni noodles into the boiling water. Cook them for 4-5 minutes less than how long it says to cook them on the package, before then adding the onion, sweetcorn, and peas. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes (until the peas and sweetcorn are done. The pasta should still have another couple of minutes left but will continue to cook in the oven and while serving).
- When the bacon is done, cut it using kitchen shears into pieces.
- Strain the pasta, then put the ingredients in a baking dish in this order: 1/2 of the cheese, the bacon, the macaroni, any extra bacon you have, the other 1/2 of the cheese.
- Throw the mac and cheese in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden brown and delicious.
If you were to ask my family what my speciality was, it would be this recipe so it was kept secret for a long time! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.