Squid Stuffed with Spanish Rice
Preheat oven to 180°C
No Image Available
- 1 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs olive oil, extra
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 1/2 cup fish stock
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs chopped oregano
- 4 squid tubes
- 1kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped continental parsley
- 2 tbs black olives, pitted and sliced
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. add onion, chorizo and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice and paprika and cook for 1 minute. stir in stock and simmer for 10 minutes to par-cook the rice. add lemon rind and juice, oregano, salt and pepper. set aside to cool.
- Close the narrow end of each squid tube by threading with a toothpick. fill each tube with rice mixture and seal the open end with a toothpick. cut a few slashes across one side of each squid.
- Place tomatoes, capsicum and olives into the base of an ovenproof baking dish. top with squid and drizzle with extra olive oil. bake for 40 minutes, basting occasionally, or until squid is tender. sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.