Thai Style Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
No Image Available
- 500g chicken tenderloins (or breasts/thigh fillets), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsps Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 ½ cups frozen broad beans
- ½ cup dry roasted & unsalted cashews
- 3 tbsps kecap manis (Indonesian Soy Sauce – see here for the homemade version)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- 10g basil leaves
- Marinate the chicken in curry paste for at least 30 minutes if time permits. Brown the marinated chicken in a dry stir fry pan in batches over high heat. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add cooking oil, onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat. When the mixture becomes aromatic, add frozen broad bean and sauté until they are warm through.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add cashews, kecap manis and soy sauce. Saute until well combined.
- Check for taste and add more kecap manis and/or soy sauce to taste. Turn off the heat and stir in the basil leaves. If you like the stir fry with a bit of kick, drizzle Sriracha or chilli flakes. Serve with steamed rice.