Banana Toffee Cream Tart aka Banoffee Pie
Source: My Nana's recipe!
No Image Available
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- 5 oz ?? Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Iced Water
- 4/5 Bananas
- Lemon Juice
- 4 oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 Dessert spoon Golden Syrup
- 1 Small Teaspoon of Salt & Vinegar
- 2 Dessert spoons Milk
- 1 Large Double Cream
- Sift flour, put in butter ?? lightly with fingertips. Stir in sugar. Beat egg yolk with water and stir into crumbled flour mixture. Form into ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out. Cover flan tin and bake blind at 200C until crisp and golden. ??
- Cut in half and slice lengthways. Dip in lemon juice and arrange in flan case.
- Put ingredients in saucepan over moderate heat and stir until sugar dissolved. Increase heat and boil for approx 10 mins, stirring all the time. Remove from heat and stir in milk. ?? pour over bananas in flan case.
- Whip and pile on to of coated toffee and bananas.
- Decorate with flaked chocolate, nuts, etc if desired.
I typed this out from a hand written recipe. It was too hard to make out what was written in some places, hance the '??'s.