Source: My Grandma's recipe
Preheat the oven to 170°C (350°F or Gas Mark 4).
No Image Available
- 5oz Self-Raising Flour
- 6oz Caster Sugar
- 6oz Soft Margarine
- 3oz Drinking Choclocate Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of Boiling Water
- For Chocolate Buttercream mix together the following:
- 4oz Icing Sugar
- Good 1½oz Butter
- 2 dessert spoons Chocolate Powder
- 3 teaspoons Top of Milk
- Grease and line an 8-9 inch cake tin.
- Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl.
- Stir gently to begin with until all are combined.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and bake in the centre of a moderate oven 350°F (Gas Mark 4) for about 1 hour until well risen and firm.
- Leave cake in tin for 5 minutes, turn out onto wire tray to cool.
- Cut through middle and fill with whipped cream.
- Coat top with plain chocolate