Miso Chicken Stir-Fry
No Image Available
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, (see Tips for Two)
- 3 tablespoons miso, preferably white (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin, (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Combine broth, miso, vinegar, mirin and ginger in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add carrots and water to the pan; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Stir in the miso mixture, bell pepper, peas and the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peas are heated through and the sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.