Thai chicken curry with pineapple
No Image Available
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
- 1 (400g) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 250ml chicken stock
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 75g frozen peas
- 75g chopped green pepper
- 60g chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 125g chopped fresh pineapple
- Cook and stir the curry powder and curry paste in a saucepan over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour the coconut milk into the saucepan and mix well. Stir in the fish sauce, brown sugar and 250ml chicken stock.
- Place the chicken thighs, peas, peppers and carrots into the saucepan with the curry sauce. Bring the mixture to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked though, about 25 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold chicken stock. Stir cornflour mixture into the curry. Mix the pineapple into the curry and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.